Friday, July 17, 2009

Demand Studios Algorithm Can't Replace Real SEO

Have you ever checked up on the keywords in the titles of your Demand Studios articles? I recently started using the research I'm doing for Demand Studios Articles to write my own articles on the same subject. Since Demand Studios owns the titles, however, I needed to do some keyword research for new titles, etc. I have noticed that the titles of their articles are NOT well optimized, at all. So, for the same amount of research, I can write one $15.00 article for Demand Studios, and one article for myself to post on Suite101 that's 7$ to 9$ CPC! You see- they are good at picking TOPICS, but not good at picking keywords.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. I do the same thing to help find keyword ideas. I often run my DS titles (or what I think is the keyword) through Adwords just out of burning curiosity, and most of the time the CPC is quite low. I think they earn money just from the sheer number of articles they publish. Lol. But, when you're writing for yourself you can't publish 10,000 a week, so you have to dig a little deeper. Nice observation! :)

    ReplyDelete