Thursday, July 16, 2009

Revenue Duel: Suite101 vs eHow


Writing for a revenue share site has it's perks. While the instant gratification of an up-front payment isn't there, you do get to feel the 'zing' of 'Hey, someone read my article' over and over and over... The money may not be as good immediately, but it does keep on coming, which is nice down the road. Many people write for eHow, and for good reason. It's quick, easy, and is not selective at all. Suite101, on the other hand, is a little picky about who they allow to write for them, and is a more complex and more demanding site than eHow. But OOOohhh, is it worth it.

eHow

Anyone can open an eHow account and throw up any old thing. eHow is a great place to learn how to write online, try out search engine optimization techniques, and just learn about the whole online articles for profit scene in general. Many people make a lot of money on eHow, but I'm not one of them. I have 50 articles up on eHow, and I currently make about a dollar a day. Not bad, considering the fact that most of those articles took me all of 15 minutes to write, and I'll never have to touch them again.. Or so I thought, until I started writing for Suite101...

Suite101, or as I'm beginning to think of them: SWEET101

I have put 5 articles up there this week. (and many more on their way, I assure you) Every one of them is already indexed by Google, and is in the top couple slots in search results! Hmm.. I have June eHow articles that still don't show up in a search, but my Suite101 articles are pretty much instantaneous! And then there's the earnings. I'm not going to release the exact amount, but let's just say that if I had 50 articles up at Suite, I would be able to write a lot more for myself, and a lot less for Demanding Studios. (I'm just full of nicknames today!) The only bad news is that a Suite101 article requires more work, and more effort, than an eHow. On the other hand, I think that I'll be able to put the research I do for DS topics to good use, writing companion articles for every DS article I write. (Same topic, different title, different angle) Also, I really enjoy writing a good article, without having to squeeze into the structure of DS. I may be in the minority, but I actually feel like the DS standards lower the quality of an article, in many cases. (and I know that the CE's often lower the quality of an article) But I digress... lol..

The moral of this post is this - write for revenue share sites that make you comfortable, but don't forget to shop around!

1 comment:

  1. This isn't even Suite's big time of year, either. Most Suite writers notice a decent surge in their numbers in the fall as more people are online.

    ReplyDelete